I invented this tonight, my measurements are mostly approximate as I sorta just winged it together. Per cookie roughly 7g of protein, 1/2 a serving of vegetables, a little fruit, and whole grains and fiber. Plus the nutritional benefits of whatever nutritional/protein shake you use, Isalean has lots of great probiotics and stuff. And, they are low-ish in sugar.
- 1/4 cup carob or cacao chips
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 3 TBS chia seeds
- 1/2 cup almond flour (if you don’t have it, grind up some almonds in a blender or food processor, or crush in a baggie with a rolling pin, doesn’t have to be super fine)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour or quinoa flour
- 1 cup all purpose unbleached flour
- 2 scoops (or 1 packet or 4 TBS) IsaLean PRO vanilla or chocolate, or, the same amount of any protein powder of your choosing. Add more if your dough is too wet at the end
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I added a few extra tablespoons…)
- 1/2 cup liquid coconut oil (or canola or other mild flavored oil, do not use olive oil!)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp baking powder, or 1 tsp baking soda plus 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3 tbs Amazing Greens (or other green drink powder) chocolate flavor
- a few tablespoons of warm water, add as needed at the end
- OPTIONAL: Want more chocolate? Try crushing up a couple IsaDelight Plus chocolates (or a half a bar of dark chocolate) and throwing it in the mix.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix all ingredients together, mix dry first then add wets.
- Dough should appear crumbly and dry, but easily stick together into a ball when you squeeze it. If its too dry, add a bit of water.
- Form balls of dough with your hands. They should be a little smaller than a golf ball.
- Place balls about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet
- Bake for 13-16 minutes
- Let cool at least 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet or eating